About this Event
Attendees will also discover how to build high performing Agile teams by becoming a servant leader and coach, and how to coach those teams to deliver the maximum business value at scale. SAFe 4 Scrum Master (SSM) certification signifies that people are prepared to perform the role of Scrum Master in a SAFe environment, increasing their value to teams and organizations that are implementing SAFe.
In this two-day course, attendees will gain an understanding of the role of a Scrum Master in a scaled Agile enterprise. Unlike traditional Scrum Master training that focuses on the fundamentals of team-level Scrum, the SAFe Scrum Master course explores the role of the Scrum Master in the context of the entire enterprise, and prepares attendees to successfully plan and execute the Program Increment (PI), the primary enabler of alignment throughout all levels of a scaled Agile organization. This includes learning the key components of Agile at scale development, how Scrum is facilitated throughout the enterprise, and how to execute Iteration Planning.
Who should attend this course?
- The following individuals will benefit from this course:
- New Scrum Masters who need to perform the role
- Existing Scrum Masters who would like to understand their role in the context of a SAFe enterprise
- Team Leads who want to understand the Scrum Master role
- SAFe Release Train Engineers who want to coach Scrum Masters on their role
Why get a Scrum Master Certification?
- Changing work environment:Today’s trend toward agile software environments has created a surge in demand for professionals with expertise in lean and agile methodologies who can successfully manage and execute agile projects. A Scrum Master Certification not only trains a professional in these techniques, but also serves as tangible, demonstrable proof to employers of proficiency in this much sought-after skillset.
- Make more money: Certified Scrum masters earn up to10k more than their non-certified counterparts. Salary increases also apply to project management positions.
- Digital & Technical Literacy: Understanding the process through which digital and software products are built, will improve your communication with technical colleagues and allow you to participate in strategic decisions at technology companies.
Attendees who pass the exam will receive:
- A SAFe Scrum Master certificate
- A one-year certified membership as a SAFe Scrum Master
- A SAFe Scrum Master branding kit with the SSM certification mark
- SAFe 4 Scrum Master digital badge to promote your accomplishment online
- Attendees may be eligible to apply for 15 PDUs toward their continuing education requirements with the Project Management Institute (PMI) for PMP, PgMP, and PMI-ACP certifications
- Attendees may be eligible to apply for SEUs under Category C, toward earning or renewing their CSP through Scrum Alliance
Breakfast, lunch, and coffee are included. Vegan and Vegetarian options will be available.