About this Event
Develop the skill-sets needed to guide the delivery of value in a Lean enterprise—and learn about the activities, tools, and mechanics used to manage backlogs and programs—by becoming a SAFe® 4 Product Owner/Product Manager (POPM). During this two-day course, attendees will gain an in-depth understanding of the Agile Release Train (ART), how it delivers value, and what they can do to effectively perform their role.They will also learn how to apply Lean thinking to write Epics, break them down into Features and Stories, plan and execute Iterations, and plan Program Increments. Finally, attendees learn about the Continuous Delivery Pipeline and DevOps culture, how to effectively integrate as Product Owners and Product Managers, and what it takes to relentlessly improve the ART.
Why get a Product Management Certification?
- Changing work environment:Today’s trend toward agile software environments has created a surge in demand for professionals with expertise in lean and agile methodologies who can successfully manage and execute agile projects. A Product Management Certification not only trains a professional in these techniques, but also serves as tangible, demonstrable proof to employers of proficiency in this much sought-after skill-set.
- Digital & Technical Literacy: Understanding the process through which digital and software products are built, will improve your communication with technical colleagues and allow you to participate in strategic decisions at technology companies.
Attendees who pass the exam will receive:
- SAFe Product Owner/Product Manager certificate
- A SAFe 4 Product Owner/Product Manager digital badge to promote your accomplishment online
- A one-year certified membership as a SAFe Product Owner/Product Manager, which includes access to the POPM Community of Practice
- A SAFe Product Owner/Product Manager certification usage guide with POPM certification marks
- Access to a variety of learning resources to support certified professionals during their SAFe journey
- Attendees may be eligible to apply for 15 PDUs toward their continuing education requirements with the Project Management Institute (PMI) for PMP, PgMP, and PMI-ACP certifications.
- Attendees may be eligible to apply for SEUs under category C, toward earning or renewing their CSP through Scrum Alliance.
Breakfast, lunch, and coffee are included. Vegan and Vegetarian options will be available.